May 31 & June 2: Grassy Narrows people will travel 1,700 km to Toronto to call on Ontario Premier Wynne to finally clean up the 9,000 kg of mercury that were dumped in our river in the 1960’s. Join us as at two key events we demand justice for our people and protection for the waters and forests that give life.
GET YOUR TICKETS HERE
Gathering and walk – #RiverRun2016: Healthy River, Healthy People
Join us for a massive arts-based action to ensure real answers from the provincial government.
- Donate generously so that our grassroots people can travel to Toronto to make our voices heard.
- Share this page on facebook and twitter!
- Join our email list so that you can get updates as we plan our events.
- Download and print this poster and put it up. Download and print the flier.
JOIN THE SOCIAL MEDIA BUZZ
- Click here for facebook shareable images – will be updated often. Keep checking back!
GET THE FACTS
- Watch these videos to learn more about the issues: a) River Run 2010, b) CBC The National, c) Grassy Narrows Dummers
- Read news articles about the previous River Runs.. a) 2014, b) 2012, c) 2010
Thank you to all the organizations and individuals who endorsed and supported the River Run 2016.
Arts and Science Students Union UofT
Canadian Friends Service Committee (Quakers)
Canadian Labour Congress
Christian Peacemaker Teams
Council of Canadians
CUPE 3902 (University of Toronto)
CUPE 3903/First Nations Solidarity Working Group York
Danforth Mennonite Church
David Suzuki Foundation
Earth Justice Action
ETFO – Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario
Let Yourself Trust
LPIRG (OPIRG Laurier)
Mining Injustice Solidarity Network
No One is Illegal – Toronto
Rhythms of Resistance
Ryerson Univeristy Students’ Union
Student Christian Movement
The Public Studio
Toronto Council fire
Trinity St. Paul’s
Winnipeg Indigenous Peoples Solidarity Movement
York University Graduate Students’ Union